Thank you for your recent purchase from Cabin Master. We have been supplying quality buildings now for several years and our
customers are still enjoying them now. I am sure you will have the same enjoyment from your building for many years to come.
In this guarantee document, the word “you” refers to the customer who has purchased the Cabin Master building.
The guarantee remains with you while you own the building. If you move house and have the building moved by Cabin Master
or an approved agent, the guarantee period remains unchanged. If any item out of guarantee is replaced and paid for, the guarantee for this item
is reset back to the period as defined below. Maintenance & Usage Failure to follow these rules and guidelines will invalidate the guarantee
since doing so will severely reduce the longevity of the building.
● Where external timber (redwood) is treated with brown preservative from Sovereign (early 2020 and previous years),
we would expect you to apply 1 more coat within 12months and then an annual treatment is expected for the next 2 years and bi-annual
thereafter. However, this can be overtreated with Cuprinol Ducksback as listed below, as long as any previous Sovereign treatment was at
least 6 months ago.
● Where external timber (redwood) is treated with Cuprinol Ducksback, we would expect the customer to apply 1 more coat within 12 months
and then within 5 years as recommended on the tin.
● Where the external timber (cedar) is treated with Osmo UV protection, we would expect you to apply 1 more coat within 12 months and
then an annual treatment is expected for the next 2 years and bi-annual thereafter.
● Door and window frames should be cleaned with warm soapy water at regular intervals (generally not exceeding 2 months). Hardware
(hinges, handles etc.) should be lubricated not less than once a year.
● The cabin should be regularly used, at least once a month, and in the colder seasons this includes getting the building warm. The use of a
low wattage oil filled frost heater is recommended and kept on a low setting, especially when the building is left for prolonged periods.
Quality Timber Buildings Ltd ~ T/A Cabin Master – Guarantee version 1.1